Alright, let’s be honest…this picture is terrible. And look at how terribly I formed the “balls” (they more look like oval shapes if anything..lol) I was just so excited to eat these that I wanted to roll them as fast as I could! Lol.
These are seriously amazing. My friend Christina made these the other day and when I saw her post about them, I remembered the recipe I had saved for them! I got the recipe from this website, and let me tell you, they are the best, healthiest little snacks you could have! They taste sooooooo gooodd….
The recipe calls for you to use a food processor, but to be honest, you could just mix all the ingredients together really well instead of using it. I used chocolate chips to make them….a little less healthy. 😉 But, I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips, which are nut, soy and dairy free! You gotta try them! Oh, and also, I skipped out on the protein (gag). 😉
All credits go to Joyful Healthy Eats!
- 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of black chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of raw honey
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Add rolled oats, ground flax seed, chia seeds, cinnamon, honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and vanilla protein powder to food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are blended. (about 7-9 times)
- Add mixture to a large bowl, add in chocolate chip. Stir to combine.
- Form energy bite mixture into 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.